5th Bimester Grammar review. Exam date: 21-06-2013

Grammar 5th bimester review

I. Objective: Show understanding of Arrangements and intentions.
Instructions: Complete each sentence with either “going to” or the present continuous using the verb in parenthesis.                       (10 points)

1.- I_________________ (sudy) a lot for my grammar exam.


2.- He _________________ (sit) the exam next Tuesday.


3.- Tomorrow at noon, I______________(get) my new Palystation 4.


4.- 5th grade is ____________(win) the tournament!


5.- Tonight, I______________(buy) a new movie.

 
II. Objective: Show proper understanding of the Present Perfect.    (10 points)
Write a sentence using the Present Perfect and the verb in parenthesis.

e.g.: (draw)__I have drawn a picture for art class____

1.- (kiss)________________________________________

2.-(eat) ________________________________________

3.-(write) ________________________________________

5.-(jump) ________________________________________

6.-(clean) ________________________________________

7.-(brush) ________________________________________

8.-(go) ________________________________________

9.-(meet) ________________________________________

10.-(finish) ________________________________________

III. Objective: Show understanding and correct use of the different tenses we’ve studied this year.                                                       (15 points)
Instructions: Complete the following text. Use the verbs in parenthesis.

Everything (1) __________________ (happen) so fast as if it was all a dream.
Suddenly, the bridge (2) __________________ (collapse) and all the cars
(3) __________________ (plunge) into the ocean.
A survivor (4) __________________ (believe) he (5) __________________ (feel) something strange in the air just before the bridge (6) __________________ (break) into chunks.
Another survivor (7) __________________ (see) a strange object in the sky pointing a beam of light at the bridge which probably then (8) __________________ (cause) the tragedy.
 I myself find this very strange, but it is a fact that no one (9) __________________ (know) if this “accident” (10) __________________ (has) anything to do with ETs and UFOs. Experts of the paranormal field (11) __________________ (be) quick to point to the “eye-witnessed” accounts of the survivors to support their conclusion that this incidence was really related to ETs.
Within a day after the accident (12) __________________ (occur), the experts               (13) __________________ (manage) to call a conference about their conclusion. Personally, I’m doubtful about this. I think another conclusion (13) __________________ (appear) after a proper investigation has been carried out. The police and the scientists (14) __________________ (still / search) for evidence to take back to the lab.
Anyway, just in case (15)_____________ (not/cross) any bridges in the near future.

IV. Objective:  Past and Past Participle forms of Irregular Verbs                                    Instructions:  Fill in the chart with the correct past and past participle form. Careful: both need to be correct in order to get the point.
I N F I N I T I V E
P A S T
P A S T   P A R T I C I P L E
to be


to begin


to become


to break


to give


to catch


to do


to drink


to go



No comments:

Post a Comment