Grammar HW Due Thurs. Sep. 19. Present Simple


Fill in the blanks with the correct simple present tense form of the verb (in parentheses):
 e.g.: Jim reads (to read) every day.
Ex. I Affirmative:
1. My sister ____________________ (to talk) very fast.
2. My brother and I ____________________
(to speak) Japanese.
3. They ____________________
(to live) in Portland.
4. Peter____________________
(to work) a lot.
5. Our neighbors ____________________
(to be) very quiet.
6. We ____________________
(to go) to the movies every Friday.
7. My cousin ____________________
(to be) thin.
8. My mother ____________________
(to clean) the house every Sunday. 

9. Robert's cat ____________________ (to like) to chase birds.
10. I ____________________
(to love) my boyfriend. 


Ex. II Negative:

1. My brother ___________________ (not go) to college.
2. I ___________________ (not understand) English.
3. My friends  ___________________ (not laugh) at my jokes.
4. The weather in Mexico ___________________ (not be) perfect.
5. Our cats ___________________ (sleep) all day.
6. Your tattoo ___________________ (not look) very pretty.
7. My sister ___________________ (not walk) very quickly.
8. We ___________________ (not make) mistakes when we speak Chinese. 
9. I ___________________ (not recommend) visiting Acapulco.
10. My brother ___________________ (not have) a dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment