5th Bimester Grammar exam guide 2012


5th Bimester Grammar exam guide 2012

I.- Past Simple
Instructions: Write the simple past tense of the verb in brackets.

1.- Yesterday we ____________(have) free time!
2.- We ____________(ask) Hector for permission to go to the snak bar.
3.- Diego _______________(eat) a pizza.
4.- We all _______________(play) squares in the yard.
5.- Afterwards we ____________(practice) our "table" for P.E. 
6.- It _____________(be) lots of fun!
7.- Some kids ___________(not want) to dance.
8.- They ____________(be) embarrassed.
9.- When we _______________(finish) we all _________(drink) water.
10.- Most of us ________________(not like) the music.

II.-Present Simple
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the Present Simple.

1   I _______________ photography. (like)
2   Where _____________________ ? (Sam / work)
3   How many languages _______________ ? (you / speak)
4   Sue _______________ in London. (not live)
5    _______________ to work by bus ? (they / go)

III.- Comparative + Superlative
Correct use of adjectives in the comparative and superlative.
Instructions:  Put the adjectives in brackets in the correct form – comparative or superlative.          

1.- Olinca is the _____________ (good) school in the world!!!
2.- An iPod classic is ______________(cheap) than an iPod touch.
3.- I have the _____________ (small) feet in my family.
4.- I always have to ask for a ________________(small) size shoe.
5.- “Avatar” is a _________________(popular) film than “Up”.

IV.- Present Continuous + Present simple
 Write the either the Present Continuous or the Present Simple depending on the situation.

1.- I always _________________(love) a good game of squares but right now I________________(play) football with my friends.
2.- Today we________________(work) on Grammar even though we usually only_________(play) during English class.
3.- Daniela _____________ (chat) with her friends every time the teacher tries to explain something, that’s why she_____________(get) a report now.
4.-  At this moment I______________ (finish) my homework but normally I only __________ television in the evenings.
5.-  They______________________(answer)  the grammar guide as they __________(go) home.


V.- Past Simple and Past Continuous
Complete the texts with the verbs in the Past Simple and the Past Continuous:

1.- The other day I_____________________(walk) to school when a huge dog ____________(try)to bite me!
2.- It ____________________(appear) out of nowhere and started _________________(chase) me for no apparent reason.
3.- After a few blocks it ___________________(catch up) when suddenly Super Teacher Hector ______________(fly) down from the sky and saved me!!!
4.- I could not believe it, the dog ______________________(bark) loudly when we ________________ (escape) from it.
5.- After that, I ____________________(scared) of falling to the ground but Super Teacher Hector ________________(put) me down safely near my house.

VI.- “Will” for predictions:
Write each prediction using “will”.

e.g.  The teacher ___will____ like his student’s grades.
1.-  The students ________________ have free time.
2.- It ________be very late when I finish studying.
3.- I ________ pass the exam with flying colours.
4.- He _________bring the information  tomorrow!
5.-We __________celebrate her birthday with a cake.

III.-Arrangements and intentions
Instructions: Complete each sentence with either “going to” or the present continuous using the verb in parenthesis.

1.- I_________________ (watch) a movie next weekend.
2.- He _________________ (practice) skydiving some day.
3.- This weekend, I______________(celebrate) my dad’s birthday.
4.- They ______________ (win) the championship!
5.- This afternoon, I______________(eat) tacos.
6.- I________________ (study) very hard.
7.- I________________(shower) everyday.
8.- I _______________(not cheat) ever in any of my exams.
9.- I_____________________(not hit) anyone ever again.
10.- Lucas _________________(get) an injection this Friday.

IV.- Present Perfect
Instructions: answer the following questions with complete sentences:

1. Have you ever eaten a mountain? _________________________________
2. Have you ever walked in the ocean? _______________________________
3. Have you ever swum in a plane? __________________________________
4. Have you ever been to your house? ________________________________
5. Have you ever sung the piano? ___________________________________
6. Have you ever sailed the metro? __________________________________
7. Have you ever watched a hat? ____________________________________
8. Have you ever hated a watch? ____________________________________
9. Have you ever crossed a tie? _____________________________________
10. Have you ever tied a tale? ______________________________________
11. Have you ever written a storm? __________________________________

V.- General review
Instructions: Complete the following text. Use the verbs in parenthesis.

Ming: Hello May. I haven’t seen you for a long time. How (1)________ you?
Jo: I’m great. Thanks! Right now, I (2) ________ (try) to find a job.
Ming: Oh, that must be very hard. But I thought you (3) ________ (work) in a law firm before?
Jo: Yes, but I (4) ________ (quit) 2 months ago. I (5) ________ (not/like) the boss. She was annoying. What about you?
Ming: Well, I (6) ________ on my way to (7) ________ (watch) a movie. That’s my job now. Movie reviewer.
Jo: How nice! How many movies (8) ________ you ________ (watch) a day?
Ming: Six. I (9) ________ (watch) 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. My boss (10) ________ crazy yesterday. He (11) ________ (make) me watch 10 movies!
Jo: So horrible. I bet you (12) ________ (sleep) while watching the movies.
Ming: Haha. How (13) ________ you ________ (guess)?


No comments:

Post a Comment